Part-Time and Full-Time Positions Available
M. Kim O’Connor, LCSW, PLLC is currently seeking part-time and full-time, queer affirming LCSW/LMFT/LMHC clinicians to work with youth and families. Presently the positions are a hybrid of virtual and in-person sessions. DBT training/certification and/or Executive Functioning/ADHD coaching is a plus.
These positions offer experience working in a private practice setting, with flexible scheduling, dedicated supervision in a variety of evidence-based therapies, and competitive compensation. The ideal candidate is professional, flexible, creative, collaborative, and has a strong desire to learn and grow professionally while also helping to grow the practice.
• An LCSW/LMSW/LMFT/LMHC licensed in New York State. (Licenses in other states (NJ and CT) strongly encouraged) Maintain highest licensure and abide by all laws, rules, regulations, and codes of ethics that are binding upon or applicable to the services performed for MKO, PLLC
• Align with MKO, PLLC mission, vision and values
• Informed in and dedicated to anti-racist, anti-oppressive, queer affirming and trauma-conscious practice
• Hard-working, self-directed, innovative, and eager to go above and beyond in helping this group practice advance and grow
• Passion for working with others and helping colleagues learn and grow professionally together
• Proficient grasp of theoretical concepts of evidence based therapies such as CBT as well as psychodynamic therapies (especially relational schools of thought) with desire to continue to grow through learning and practice
• Excellent organizational, communication, writing, and interpersonal skills
• Maintain reliable work hours and schedule depending on patient, employee and group needs. After school hours are required for youth-focused positions and weekends are up to the clinician
• Maintain up-to-date and accurate documentation including assessments, progress notes, treatment plans, and discharge summaries within expected timeframes
• Provide timely and responsive correspondence with clients and collateral contacts
• Create unique offerings such as leading didactic and experiential training and workshops, or developing curricula related to psychotherapy skills and knowledge development
• Participate in regular clinical supervision meetings (group and individual)
• Be able to respond to emergencies as they arise using strong risk assessment and crisis management skills
• Be able to work independently on tasks assigned and feel comfortable asking for help at any time.
• Expectation of approximately 15-20 clients a week for part time position and 25-30 clients for full time position
• Highly competitive salary with W-2 and Independent Contractor options available
Additional Details of Work Environment:
• Fully furnished, comfortable offices
• Time efficient and user friendly EHR software- SimplePractice
• Computer, HIPAA-compliant phone number, email address and fax number
• Marketing on MKO’s website, Psychology Today, and other platforms as needed
• Group and individual supervision
• A healthy, collaborative, and supportive work culture we create together
MKO, PLLC is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and warmly welcomes application from candidates of all ages, ethnicities, cultural backgrounds and sexual/gender orientation.
For consideration, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]