Insurance, Briefly Explained
There is no way one can adequately explain the ins and outs of insurance billing in a way that is easy for everyone to understand. However, with the intention of transparency, we are going to try.
- All clients are asked to provide the front and back of their insurance cards.
- Ideally, we will do our best to verify benefits as a courtesy. However, it is exactly that — a courtesy. There is no way to absolutely, with certainty, determine what is covered under an insurance plan until an Explanation of Benefits is processed by an insurance company. Ideally, a courtesy benefits check will happen before you arrive in the office; however, this is not always possible due to various factors such as scheduling and technology challenges.
- An Explanation of Benefits is exactly what it sounds like. It is a detailed account of what we billed to your insurance and what your insurance will, or will not, cover after processing by your insurance. Typically, an Explanation of Benefits will arrive within one month but can take up to three months.
- We process claims on a monthly basis. A claim entitles us to get paid by the insurance company.
- Any patient financial responsibility (i.e., co-pay or co-insurance) is due at the time of appointment and is processed the same day as the appointment.
- We are currently in-network with Cigna and work with most other insurance companies as an out-of-network provider.
This is the client’s financial responsibility for each session.
Rates vary depending on the type of therapy, and length of sessions. Our rates range is $225-300.
We accept cash, check, and all major credit cards as forms of payment. Our preference is for clients to select auto-payment by credit card in Simple Practice.
If you are unable to attend a session, please make sure you cancel at least 24 hours beforehand. We offer each client one free pass for a canceled appointment of less than 24 hours. Commitment and consistency of therapy are important and we will do our very best to offer an alternative time during the same week of the cancelation if possible.
Any Other Questions?
Please contact us with any additional questions you may have.