Are you feeling a bit wobbly transitioning from adolescence to young adult? We are here to help.
- Exploring identity development in a safe and confidential setting
- Learning to negotiate conflicts with peers and adults
- Increasing self-regulation
- Exploring role transitions within the family l Becoming more independent from family
- Creating more intimate friendships and relationships with peers
- Consolidating identity and self-regulation
- Developing greater organization and time management skills
- Making healthier lifestyle choices
- Learning to be assertive
- Establishing oneself as a capable and valued person within society
Did you know? Emerging adults are particularly at-risk for mental health issues. In a given year, over 40% of U.S. 18 to 29 year-olds meet the criteria for a psychiatric disorder, a higher rate than for any other adult age group. The most common disorders are anxiety (22.3%), substance use (22.0%), and mood disorder (22.0%).
To read more about emerging adulthood visit: https://www.apa.org/monitor/jun06/emerging